Looking for free Kindle Fire apps? Great. Here is a quick tutorial to show you how to get free apps on your Kindle Fire.
Wondering if you can get free apps on Kindle Fire? Are you looking for cool & free Kindle Fire apps? Great! You are just in the right place. TopFireStuff.com is all about helping you to find the best stuff for your Kindle Fire for free or at discount prices.
Our Kindle Fire tablets are so great only thanks to the apps we install on them. It’s apps and games that make our devices so cool, after all. In this short tutorial I will show you a few ways in which you can get free apps on Kindle Fire.
Turn your Kindle Fire device on and let’s get started.
How To Get Free Kindle Fire Apps From Amazon: Download & Installation Instructions
Get Access To All The Free Kindle Fire Apps On The Amazon Appstre (More Than 500 Thousand Apps)
Wondering where to get free apps for Kindle Fire? Did you know that there are actually more than 500 thousand free apps available in the Amazon Appstore for Android?
With just a few tips and tricks I am about to show you, you can easily filter the apps in the Amazon Appstore so that you can browse only the best and free items you can install straight to your Kindle Fire.
I will show you how to install and get free Kindle Fire apps using your desktop computer and your Kindle Fire.
How To Get & Download Free Kindle Fire Apps Using Your Desktop Computer
- Log in to your Amazon account on your desktop computer. Make sure you log in to the same account your Kindle Fire is registered with. Otherwise, the below method of getting apps on your Kindle Fire won’t work.
- Navigate to Departments > Appstore for Android > All Apps and Games. You will now be viewing all the Android apps that are available in the Amazon Appstore. Note that it is the second biggest repository of Android apps (just after the Play Store).
- Swipe down until you see Price on the left sidebar. Click on Free. Once you click on Free, a filter will be applied and you will only be viewing free apps. As you can see at the moment of writing this article there are 568,965 free Kindle Fire apps in the Amazon Appstore. That’s a lot, isn’t it?
- Once you have chosen the free app you want to install on your Kindle Fire, click on it and under Deliver to choose your Kindle Fire device and click Get App.
- You will see the notification like shown in the screenshot below. The free app should appear on your Kindle Fire within a few moments (if your Kindle Fire is connected to the Internet).
- Click here to browse and get free Kindle Fire apps that have at least four stars (more than 30 thousand apps). This link goes to the Amazon Appstore website with a filtered view applied.
How To Get & Download Free Kindle Fire Apps Using Your Kindle Fire
You can easily apply similar filters on your own device to get free Kindle Fire apps right away. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Appstore on your Kindle Fire. To do that click on LIBRARY on the home screen of your Kindle Fire, then click on the settings button in the left top corner and click Appstore.
- You are now viewing the Amazon Appstore on your Kindle Fire. Unfortunately, you don’t have as many filters available here as you do in the desktop version of the app.
- To view and get only free apps for Kindle Fire, click on BEST SELLERS. You can now browse apps from two categories: Top Free Downloads & Top Grossing. Swipe up to discover more and more apps from each category.
- If you decide to download and install some of these free apps on Kindle Fire, just click on it and then click on GET, then DOWNLOAD. The app will download and install on your device within a few moments.
Make Use Of Amazon Underground & Enjoy Free Apps Worth Over $20 000
Have you ever heard about Amazon Underground Apps? If you haven’t, you must make sure to install at least some of the Underground Apps & Games for Kindle Fire.
The Amazon Underground Apps is a collection of paid apps available for free (they are all worth more than $20 000). That’s the only way you can get paid Kindle Fire apps for free.
Users of Android need to install a special APK called Amazon Underground (click to go to the APK page) to be able to view and install Underground Apps.
For Kindle Fire owners all Underground Apps are available for free to get and download. Here is what you need to do to get free Kindle Fire apps from the Amazon Underground:
- Log in to your Amazon account. Make sure to log in to the same account that is registered with your Kindle Fire.
- Go to Departments > Appstore for Android > Underground Apps & Games. Here is the direct link to all Underground Apps.
- You can now browse all of the Underground Apps (there are almost 5 thousand of them) and sort them according to their category, device type or average customer review.
- To install an Underground App just click on it and choose Get App. The installation process is here identical to how you install any Amazon app.
Get Free Android Apps From Google Play To Your Kindle Fire
Google Play is the biggest appstore which now has as many as over two million apps for you to download and install on your Kindle Fire. Unfortunately, many cool Google Play apps aren’t available in the Amazon Appstore, which means you have to sideload them to your device. This also applies to many great free apps.
The good news is that you can apply similar filters in the Play Store to look for great free apps and you can easily sideload these apps to your Kindle Fire. Let me show you how to do it step by step.
- Go to the Apps section of the Play Store.
- In the search bar type “free”.
- Click on All prices dropdown and choose Free. You will now be viewing only free Android apps.
- Once you have found the app you want to get on your Kindle Fire, you can install it on your device in two ways. You can either download & install the app on your Android device and then transfer the APK to your Kindle Fire or you can simply download the APK file from an alternative source.
Get Free Kindle Fire Apps From APKMirror
Wondering where to get free apps for Kindle Fire? There is at least yet another great place from where you can install and get new apps to your Kindle Fire. It’s called APKMirror. Basically, it’s the repository of free Android apps.
Not only can you download and install the current versions of selected free Android apps, but you can also get older versions (it’s very useful if a newer version isn’t compatible with your device or you preferred the older version). Many of the apps present in the APKMirror aren’t available in the Amazon Appstore, so it’s great to know this service.
Here is how you can get free apps to your Kindle Fire:
- Go to the APKMirror and use the search bar to find the app you are looking for.
- In search results, click on the app you want to install.
- Under Download you can choose which app version you want to install. Click on it.
- Click on DOWNLOAD APK and the app will download to your desktop computer.
- All you need to do now is transfer the APK file you have just downloaded to your Kindle Fire. The easiest way is to connect your Kindle Fire to your desktop computer, copy the file and open it on your Kindle Fire with the use of some file manager.
Did you like this tutorial? Did it help you? If it did, please help me spread the word about my website by sharing it with your friends.
If you think that something is missing here, let me know about it by either leaving a comment or contacting me.