Quick tutorial to show you how to install Amazon apps on your Android tablet or phone and make the most of the Amazon app deals & discounts.
Google Play is the biggest appstore out there and there is no doubt about that. Right? 🙂 Amazon, however, is the biggest online retailer that offers tons of great deals & discounts to its buyers.
Amazon Appstore for Android is the second biggest appstore just after Google Play. What makes it special is the fact that you will find there lots of cool app deals & discounts that you won’t find in Google Play.
Amazon Appstore is best known for its app collection called Amazon Underground (or Underground Apps). This is simply a huge pack of paid games & apps (together with their premium content) that is available free of charge for anyone who uses the Amazon Underground app.
The great news is that you can install Amazon Appstore on any Android device and make use of all these cool deals and discounts. All you need to do is follow this three-step tutorial. Let’s begin!
#1: Install Amazon Appstore On Android
The first thing I did when I wanted to install Amazon Appstore on my Android phone was to search for “amazon” on Google Play. I found some apps like Amazon Shopping or Amazon Kindle but Amazon Appstore wasn’t there.
Fortunately, there are other places from which you can install APK files (this is the file format for Android apps) with apps to sideload them to your Android device.
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to APKMirror to download the APK file of Amazon Appstore. This website lets you download different versions of all the official and free Android apps in the form of APK files you can transfer and install on your device.
- Connect your Android device to your computer with the USB cable and copy the downloaded file. You can also transfer this file in a different way e.g. via e-mail or cloud storage. It’s totally up to you how you choose to go about that.
- Make sure that your phone allows installation of apps from unknown sources (other than Google Play). Go to Settings > Lock screen and security and use the toggle button to allow Unknown sources. This may differ depending on the phone model and Android version. On my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1) it looks like this:
- Use some file manger/explorer to open and install the APK file you copied to your phone. You can use File ES Explorer, for example. All you need to do is navigate to the file, click on it and follow installation instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, you can open the Amazon Appstore on your Android phone and log in to your Amazon account (or create one).
- You can now install Amazon apps on your Android phone just like you install them using Google Play. Isn’t that cool?
#2: Install Amazon Underground On Android
Amazon Appstore is a different app from Amazon Underground which gives you access to hundreds of paid apps totally for free.
To be able to enjoy all of these apps for free you need to install a separate APK file with Amazon Underground or use the special link that Amazon gives to Android users.
Here is what you need to do step by step:
- Visit https://www.amazon.com/underground on your Android phone and download the Amazon Underground Android app directly to your phone. Alternatively, you can download the APK file with Amazon Underground from the APKMirror and install it manually in the method showed above.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen of your phone. When the download is complete, open the file and install Amazon Underground.
- Open ES File Explorer or some other file manager, navigate to the file you have just copied and open it. Follow the installation instructions. On the screenshot below I used the default file manager on phone, i.e. File Commander.
- You can now open the Amazon Underground app and start enjoying thousands of paid apps for free. Click on the three lines in the top left corner to open the left panel. Click on Underground Apps to start browsing the apps you can download for free.
- All you need to do to install a new app is click on it, click on Get (and then Download) and follow the installation instructions.
#3: Enjoy Amazon Apps On Your Android Device
Congratulations. You have successfully installed the Amazon Appstore and Amazon Underground apps and you can now enjoy thousands of Amazon apps on your Android device.
Amazon claims that all of these apps they give you for free (plus their paid content) are worth $20,000. That sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn’t it?